Right-click disabler

September 27, 2011

Awana Domino Race

Yes, it was a race. But the race didn't take long but it got me stretched to my limit all right. Everything didn't come out right for me since Day 1. The night before the trip to Awana, I forgot to set my alarm clock a little bit earlier than every other day. I hopped out of bed after I heard Ila told me that it was already 6.30 am. 6.30!?! I promised my friends that I would meet them up at 6.15 grrrr~ at 7.10, I fetched my friends at Seksyen 7 while another group of friends had already started their journey cos I was so late. So I shot to Genting Sempah as fast as I could. The traffic in NKVE at the Shah Alam-Damansara was going to get congested, and that slowed me down a bit. Then, Khairul called me up when I reached Gombak. I started panicking. I couldn't drive 120 kmph cos the of the hilly roads. My car couldn't go that fast in that condition. By the time I reached the Genting Sempah rest area, it was already 8 am. Some of my friends brought some breakfast and helped themselves while waiting for me.

A few minutes later, we started climbing the steep road to Awana. My car kept making this constant noise. I tried lowering the gear, but the car made a roaring sound. So I changed it back, it still made some noise but better than the previous one. After enjoying the view and breeze on the hills, we finally arrived at the hotel. Yeay! The last time I was there, about 3 years ago, the parking lot was full. That day, there were not that many cars but still, the management closed the lowest parking floor errr

We gathered at the function room and there, we were divided into 3 groups; combining with another class as well. So I was in the Blue team; the first task was to find a dude who had our caps and shirts. Put on our shirts and ran straight away to the next task. We had to search for clues; like in the Amazing Race. Complete a task, you'll get the next clue. We had to cross a mine field three times, cross a crocodile pit (yes, I fell into the water twice) and played in mini indoor sports like archery, absailing, wall climbing and squash.

I didn't hit the target at all; I got stuck while coming down the wall in absailing, it was so embarrassing. You see, I have this tiny arms. So I had this major difficulties to push my weight up. Plus, I had to kneel on the wall to support my weight. My knees were swollen cos of that =_= I think I have a balancing problem; I tend to go to the right cos I swayed to the right twice in absailing and I climbed the wall to the right. The guys in my team laughed at me real hard cos of that. While climbing, again I had the trouble to push myself up. My arms were already at its limit but I had my friends counting on me to finish climbing on time, so I pushed myself up anyway. Oh there was only one thing I can be proud of, which is squash cos I managed to hit a balloon to fall heheh

Half of the day had already passed, my knees, arms and shoulders were killing me. We checked in to our rooms; I shared the same room with Ila. Maybe it's cos of our name order in the list. Maybe. We washed up ourselves and had our dinner. After dinner, we planned to take the cable car up to Genting. Another embarrassing thing happened. On the way to the cable car station, I got lost with the others, so I stayed by the roadside, waiting for the others to come. The engine was already emitted a bad smell, and then I thought the others wanted to stop for a while. So, I turned off the engine. Then, the others flicked their signals to start the journey again. I quickly turned on the ignition but the car wouldn't start. I started to get panic. I tried again; no luck. I stopped the others, and they got out of their car. The guys opened up the hood; the smell was quite strong. At that time, I thought I was so dead. My dad's gonna kill me for this. A few minutes later, I remembered that the gear could be the problem. I told them that could be the problem; they felt like hitting me one by one hahahah then, we made our move to the station.

Since it was dark in the night, I didn't feel the height that much except when it started elevating and descending. We didn't get to spend much time there cos the station would be closed at 11pm, so we snapped some piccies and boarded the cable car around 1045 pm. On the way home, some of us in the car shared some scary stories with each other. I didn't mind much about that cos I'm not weak-hearted :p The journey back didn't feel that long compared to the journey up. Strange.

Some of us :D

We got back to the hotel and took a rest for the next day. The next day was a bit torture to our emotions and tension. We had to assemble dominoes depicting the 5 key areas of competencies. As always, I would always get the hardest one. I got selected to the big group. When it's a big group, for sure bigger illustration, more dominoes. Bloody hell. I knocked over some of the dominoes 3 4 times. I managed to control my mouth from swearing cos I know that would affect the others' emotions and motivations as well. So I just laughed and let out a small cry when I knocked some of the dominoes down heheh at the end, we knocked more dominoes, so we didn't get to complete the illustration. We just covered the perimeters and let the fallen middle be. It took like what, 3 or 4 hours assembling the dominoes. All it took was a minute to knock them all down =_=

After putting the dominoes back in the tubs, we started our journey back home. One thing I've learned while going down the steep road; never to drive my car again there. I didn't have to touch my acceleration pedal, I had to brake all the way down. But still the car was going down to fast, that I almost hit my friend's car twice. Luckily there was no car on the right lane, so I quickly jumped off to the right lane so as not to hit my friend's car. I was shaken all day cos of that; then on Monday, I still felt a bit traumatic to drive but I had to drive anyway. Who else is gonna drive me to class then? =_=

Oh yes, the food. It was heaven; lots of delicious delicacies. I eat slowly so I couldn't eat much like I used to. But some of my friends who are even more thinner than me, eat more than me. The food was really good; sadly, I couldn't eat them all cos of the time constraint :p

Even though I felt embarrassed for 2 days, I still had a lot of fun there. And so, roll on to the next adventure! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment